Food, reviews & everything in between ❤
Cocktail Of The Month: Chai Hot Toddy
- 4 Chai tea bags
- 1 vanilla pod, halved and split lengthways
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 30g soft brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- 300ml milk
- 135ml dark rum
- 6 tsp single cream (optional)
- 6 star anise, to serve
How to mix
- Bring 600ml water to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the teabags, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir, turn off the heat, then leave to infuse for 6 mins – Squeeze out the tea bags, then discard.
- Add the sugar and honey and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the milk into the pan and gently warm through.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum. Divide between mugs or heatproof glasses, spoon 1 tsp cream over each, if using, and garnish with star anise.