Let’s be honest, whats NOT to love about a tower of cookies??
I admit, I almost didn’t want to share this recipe, in the hope that should their be a cookie contest with my friends – I would win hahaha! It seemed a little selfish though, so here we are!
❤ If you take out the mixed spiced, this is a really good basic recipe, which you can easily adapt with whatever you’d like 🙂
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g Dark brown soft sugar
- 125g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 225g Self-raising flour
Note: If you only have plain flour, use 225g, with 2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Heeped tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a good sized mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars, and then combine the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, mixed spice and salt.
- Mix together until well combined, it will be on the wetter side so don’t add any extra flour. You’ll find it should easily come together though, with the use of a wooden spoon!
- Roll into walnut size balls, and transfer to your baking tray.
- Using the heel of your hand, flatten each ball, until around a 1cm thick.
- Using a fork go over each cookie, making a criss cross
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden round the edges.
- Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack. NOM! – Enjoy!