500g Diced Beef
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
100g Pancetta, coarsely chopped
2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Small glass of Red Wine
1 can diced tomatoes
400ml Beef stock
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
Salt, pepper & sugar to season
- Heat the oil in large frying pan on medium high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for a minute or two then add the meat.Brown on all sides. **Meat will not be cooked through. (Be sure not to crowd the pan – you may have to work in batches).
- Add the small glass of wine, and cook off for a couple of minutes, before adding the stock and remaining ingredients.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours, stir about half way through.
- Adjust seasonings with sugar, salt, and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.