- Spinach – your own preference/enough to fill each parcel
- Ready-made puff pastry, rolled out to ½cm/¼in thickness
- Salmon fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 free-range egg, lightly whisked
For the sauce
- 25g/1oz butter
- 25g/1oz plain flour
- 600ml/1 pint milk
- Salt and white pepper – To season
- 150ml White wine
- Preheat the oven at 200°C, fan 180°C.
- For the Sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce.
Return to the heat and, stirring all the time, bring to the boil.
Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and white pepper.
- Meanwhile: Lay out pastry onto an oiled baking tray and place the spinach into the centre, leaving a clean edge.
Place the salmon on top of spinach and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Top the salmon with a generous amount of sauce Note: Make sure the sauce is quite thick
Brush the clear edges of pastry with the whisked egg and fold up the pastry to make a parcel, pressing down onto the edges with a fork to seal the parcel.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the pastry is risen and golden and the salmon is completely cooked through.
- Serve with fresh veg or salad.