For the base
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 225 grams digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
For the filling
- 100 grams cream cheese (full fat)
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams double cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave for 1 minute/2 minutes. – Be sure to keep an eye on it as it can turn really quickly! If you don’t have a microwave, melt gently in a small saucepan on low.
- In a separate bowl, place the brown sugar and the crushed biscuits.
- Begin to gradually stir in the butter until it gains a consistency similar to wet sand.
- Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper, and spoon the biscuit base mixture into the tin, smoothing out so it covers the whole of the tin.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the biscuit base is chilling, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and caster sugar in a bowl, gradually folding in the double cream. It should be of a thick, dropping consistency in nature.
- Once the biscuit base has chilled, spoon over the filling, and smooth out with a knife.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for a further two hours and serve.