- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 500g carrot, (preferably organic), sliced
- Fresh Parsley – To garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan, and on a low heat, add the onion, ginger and garlic, and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften.
- Stir in the nutmeg and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the stock, add the carrots, then cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Blitz with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Return everything to the pan and heat until bubbling.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and cracked black pepper.