- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 ½ cup Chocolate chunks / or 1 bar, chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour and salt.
- Add the flour and salt to the butter mixture.
- Mix on low speed until it comes together into a dough.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix in.
- On a flat surface, use a rolling pin to roll the dough out about 1/4 inch thick. Be sure to roll out on grease proof paper! Chill the dough until firm (about 2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove from the fridge. Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes, or use a knife to cut the dough into squares.
- Bake the cookies for about 18-20 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time. These cookies taste better when they are still slightly pale, so watch them carefully near the end to ensure that they don’t get too brown.
- Once cooked, leave to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar