- 1 knob of butter
- 1 onion,roughly chopped
- 1 litre ham or pork stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 500g frozen peas
- 300g thickly cut ham
- Salt & Pepper – to season
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and then gently soften the onions.
- Tip in the potato and stir to coat in butter, then pour over the stock.
- Simmer until softened.
- Add the frozen peas and bring back to the boil.
- Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the diced ham and serve.