- 1 block puff pastry
- 100 (31/2oz) chocolate, finely chopped – whatever type you prefer
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
- Lightly dust a work surface with icing sugar and roll out the pastry to a rough rectangle.
- Cut the pastry into three equal strips length ways, then cut each strip into four equal pieces to make smaller rectangles.
- Lay a line of chocolate length ways across the middle of each rectangle.
- Fold the pastry over the chocolate and press down firmly on the edges to seal (brush with a little of the egg if your pastry is not sealing). – Admittedly you can experiment with your chocolate, add/less, whatever you want!
- Arrange rolls on two baking trays, spacing apart, and press down lightly to flatten.
- Brush the rolls with some beaten egg and dust with icing sugar.
- Bake for 20-25min until deep golden.
- Serve warm, with a pot of fresh coffee. Bliss.