- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 Roll of Puff pastry, or homemade if you have time! 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten with 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Few drops of Warm Water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a rectangle.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, then spread over the pastry,
- Roll the rectangle from the short side to make a sausage.
- Chill until completely firm.
- Cut into 1.5cm slices.
- Lay flat-side down on a baking sheet and press them slightly so they spread out a little. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Brush with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Whilst still warm and on their baking tray, drizzle the icing over them (using as much or as little as you like).
- Once cool enough to touch, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or tuck right in.