- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp teaspoon paprika
- 1 large pinch of saffron
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 pack uncooked fresh prawns
- 1/2 chorizo sausage, skin removed, chopped
- 600ml boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan/paella pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and red pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes until softened, add the paprika and the saffron.
- Add the rice and stir to ensure the rice is coated with the oil.
- Mix in the chicken, prawns and chorizo.
- Add the boiling water, stock cube, tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer, and leave untouched/uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir, and serve.