- 1 1/2 Cups of Plain Flour (all purpose)
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Butter, to grease the pan
Things You’ll Need: Frying pan, Spatula
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water, and cook until tender, around 20 minutes – You can microwave the potato for 3-4 minutes if preferred. Drain the water, and immediately immerse in cold water to loosen skins (do this step if using mictowave).
- Drain, remove skins, chop and mash.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix in the mashed sweet potatoes, slowly followed by the eggs, milk and honey.
- This should form a good batter mix.
- Preheat a lightly greased frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter mixture onto the pan, and cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble.
Note: I normally use a big serving spoon to measure out my mixture.