A quick, and slightly different take on the yummy classic. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, cut in half or sliced
- Small Glass Red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tarragon sprigs
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 x oven bag – Like these, Baco Foil Oven Bags
For the Champ
- 1kg potatoes, peeled
- ½ Pint milk
- 85g Butter
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 large bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan oven).
- Mix the puree, stock and red wine together, and set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bag, and gently our puree mixture in.
- Close the bag at the end using the tie.
- Mix together by gently massaging the ingredients.
- Place the bag on its side into a large ovenproof dish, spreading out the ingredients. Do not pierce the bag!
- Place dish on the bottom shelf of the oven. This ensures there is enough room for the bag to expand.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in salted water until soft.
Drain and remove from the pan. Mash thoroughly.
- Boil the milk and add to the potato, together with the spring onions.
Add the butter. Stir, until well combined.
- Remove from the chicken from the oven, and allow to stand for roughly 2 minutes before opening.
- Serve with the mash, and veg.