- Pork fillet, cut into medallions – I usually do around 4 per person
- 55g butter
- salt, and ground pepper (to season)
- Freshly cracked pepper – add your preferred amount
- 175 gChestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly chopped
- 50 ml Dry Brandy
- 50 ml dry white wine
- Carton of Oatly Creamy Oat (if dairy free) – Single cream is good if you’d prefer
- Fresh veg and baby potatoes (optional – to serve)
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add in the pork medallions, and brown off.
- Remove the fillets from the pan, and place in the oven on a low heat (enough to keep them warm).
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and fry until slightly coloured.
- Stir in the shallows and cracked black pepper.
- Add in the brandy, and cook briskly until reduced by two-thirds.
- Add in the white wine and cook briskly until reduced by half.
- Add in the cream and bring to the boil. Season to taste.
- Bring back the pork, and add to the pan with the meat juices. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh veg and baby potatoes.