- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 potato, chopped
- 450g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.2l vegetable or chicken stock
- handful coriander (about ½ a supermarket packet)
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil, and fry off one onion until softened.
- Stir in the dried chilli and potato, then cook for 1 min.
- Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Continue to cook for a further 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
- I use a hand blender, but you can use a food processor too! Add in the fresh coriander, then blitz until smooth.
- Return to pan, check seasoning, and then reheat to serve.