- Salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 4 tbps dark brown soft sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A big handful of spinach, finely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Pack of Microwavable wholemeal Rice
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon zest, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar dissolves.
- Place salmon portions in a bowl with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a griddle pan to a medium heat, and lightly oil. Cook salmon skin side up for approx 1-2 minutes. Turn salmon and cook for a further 2 – 4 minutes, depending on how well done you like your salmon. Basting with the marinade as the salmon cooks. – Cooking times may vary with the thickness of the salmon portions.
- For the rice: Fry the spinach in a little oil and butter, and add the rice (Instead of microwaving).
- Cook for 2 minutes, before adding the lemon juice. Continue to cook for another 1 minute.