For me, I am struggling a little with the darker days, and the cold! For a few weeks it felt like I was eating the same things, just on a different day!
This curry, is a new addition, and tastes fantastic! Let me know if you make any additions/alterations!
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 chillies – I prefer to use red, but green are fine, seeds removed
- 1 small bunch coriander, stalks roughly chopped, leaves picked, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 150g bag unsalted cashew
- 1 x can of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- 400g raw king prawn
- 150ml pot natural yogurt
- 50ml double cream
- rice and bread to serve
- Put the onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and coriander stalks in a small food processor, or pestle and mortar, and mix to a paste.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter or ghee and oil in a large pan. Add the paste to the pan and fry off slowly until softened.
- Add the garam masala and cook for a further 2 mins, until it becomes aromatic.
- Meanwhile, toast the cashew nuts in a small pan until golden. Tip half into the food processor and blend until finely ground. Set aside the remaining cashews.
- Add the blended cashews, the tomatoes and the chicken stock to the pan.
- Season and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, covered with a lid, for 45 mins.
- Add the prawns and cook for a further 2-3 mins until they turn pink, then add the yogurt and double cream and stir well.
- Scatter with the coriander and the remaining cashew nuts, and serve with rice and naan bread.