Serves 2-3 (depending on how hungry you are!)
For the Brine
- 100g/7oz sea salt
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 Clove
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 litre Cold Water
For the Pork and sides
- 1kg Pork Belly
- Seasonal Veg
Brining the Meat:
- Add all ingredients to a tub/bowl etc. MINUS THE PORK – I used my big mixing bowl, as it was the only thing that would fit everything in!
- Add the water and give the mixture a good stir before adding the pork.
- Leave the pork skin side up, and allow to float. Put in the fridge over night.
- Remove the pork belly from the brine and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
- Place the pork belly onto a wire rack suspended over a baking tray. Roast in the oven for 2- 2 1/2 hours, or until crisp and golden-brown. Once cooked, allow the pork to rest for around 30 minutes.
- Serve with gravy, seasonal veg and roasties.