- 3 Large potatoes – peeled and thinly sliced
- 300ml double cream
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- Knob butter
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the cream, garlic and thyme together in a bowl and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Butter an oven proof dish and layer half the potatoes. Lightly season and then pour over half the cream mix.
- Layer the remaining potatoes on top, lightly season again and pour over the remaining cream mix.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.