- 1 butternut squash, peeled and deseeded- chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 Brown Onion, roughly choppe
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 850ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche, optional
- fresh chilli, optional (to be used when oven cooking the squash).
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut the squash into large cubes (see below if you need a little help!).
- In a large roasting tin with olive oil and seasoning, roast for 30 mins, turning once during cooking, until golden and soft.** I also like to add a hot chilli to infuse 🙂
- While the squash cooks, melt the butter with a drop oil in a medium to large saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and fry off until soft.
- Add the squash to the pan, along with the stock. Using a stick blender, take off the heat and whizz until smooth.
- Return to the pan, gently reheat, then season to taste.
- Serve the soup in bowls with swirls of crème fraîche and a scattering of the remaining chopped chilli.
How to cube your SQUASH!
Cut the top and bottom off, and using a peeler, peel the butternut squash.
Take the body of the veg, and scoop out the seeds etc. Then follow previous step.