- 1½ cups fresh unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Coconut extract
- 1/2 tbsp Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and extracts.
- Add in dry ingredients, and mix until a dough like consistency is reached – An electic mixer will be quicker.
- Lightly flour a work surface, and turn out the dough, before shaping into a disk.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut using a round cutter and place cookies on prepared baking sheet, about two inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are lightly golden brown on the edges and aromatic, about 30 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool sightly, before transferring to a wire rack.