I have to say, after ages of fighting them and the hype.. Avocados are winning me over!
This is a nice alternative to the more traditional, and another good way of using any that are on their way out, or needing used! 🙂
I N G R E D I E N TS
- 1 Large bunch fresh basil
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and de-stoned
- 1 Tablespoon roasted pinenuts – (Do this by frying them off until golden brown in a frying pan with a drop of olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Red chilli, finely chopped – (My preference is one half desseded, one half not)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground pepper to taste
M E T H O D
- Scoop out the avocado, and put into a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, basil, roasted pinenuts, garlic and olive oil, pulse briefly to make a creamy texture.
- Stir in the finely chopped red chilli and grated Parmesan, then season to taste.
Add to pasta dishes, salads and wraps!