I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 x Pack of prawns (I used pre cooked)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 8 whole cardamom pods, lightly crushed to split open
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, finely grated
- small bunch fresh coriander
- 1 x Tin of coconut milk
M E T H O D
Heat a heavy-based pan with two tablespoons of the oil and then add the onion.
Fry for 2-3 minutes, on a low heat until softened.
Add the turmeric, cardamom pods and chilli powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Stir the remaining oil into the pan with the cinnamon, garlic and ginger. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the garlic and ginger have softened and are cooked through.
Stir in the coconut milk with the onion and spice mixture until well combined, then bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer gently until reduced by half.
- Once you have the desired consistency, add the prawns and cook for a final 2-3 minutes (If using pre cooked prawns, this is just to heat them through).
I served mine up with quinoa, naan and desiccated coconut.
Bloglovin | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter