I N G R E D I E N T S
For the base
- 3 cups strong bread flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast(from a sachet or a tub)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 200ml Warm water
For the tomato sauce
- 1 cup passata
- handful fresh basilor 1 tsp dried
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Black Olives
- Red Onion
M E T H O D
- Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C /gas 8
- Make the base: Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well, pour in 200ml warm water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Lightly flour a surface, and knead for 5 minutes, until smooth. I tend to put in a bowl, and cover with a tea towel in a warm place (airing cupboard is a good one!) – If you want a thin crust, you can miss this step.
- Make the sauce: Mix the passata, basil and crushed garlic together, season to taste.
- Roll out the dough: If you’ve let the dough rise, give it a quick knead, then split into two balls.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into large rounds, doesn’t have to be exact… go mad if you want! Just make sure the dough is fairly thin, as it will rise in the oven.
- Place the pizza base on a baking tray. Smooth sauce over bases with the back of a spoon. Scatter with cheese and toppings, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Bake for 8-12 mins until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with a little drizzle of olive oil.