NOTHING, beats making something yummy with produce fresh from your garden. I made this jam today with my own tomatoes and chillies, so proud!
Making your own sauces, dips, jams etc is a lot easier than you think. Give this one a try! 🙂 Good for when you have friends round, enjoying a bottle of red wine, or even just a munch!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 500g Tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3-6 chillies (seeds left in if you want your jam hot)
- 3 cups golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
M E T H O D
- Using a food processor, blitz half the tomatoes with the garlic, chillies in a food processor.
- Pour into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce and vinegar, and bring to the boil, stirring slowly.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Dice the remaining tomatoes, and add them to the pan. Simmer for 40-50 minutes, stirring from time to time. The mixture will turn slightly darker and sticky.
- Store in warm dry sterilised jars and seal while the mixture is still warm.
**This Jam lasts for around 3 months, just be sure to remember that the longer you leave it – the hotter it gets!**
Enjoy with a good set of cheese, the classic vintage cheddar is my favourite! And of course crackers or oat cakes!