I love to eat, cook, and explore the many different flavours in the world. The main thing I am totally loving about this blog is the new people I am getting to meet, and their own foodie ventures they come with! I am the worlds worst, for eating well all week and then getting to the weekend where piglet Nat takes over!
If I tell myself NO, I want something ten times more, go figure right? Without spending heaps, and by making a few changes it’s a lot easier to have the same cheat meals, but a lot more often! Half the time it’s probably what you’ve put along with it! – Wine being right up there at the top!
I N G R E D I E N TS
- 1 x Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 3 x Garlic Cloves, crushed (finely chopped is good too!)
- 2 x Chillies (I like to have one deseeded, one not), finely sliced
- 4cm Ginger, grated
- Chicken breasts or thighs 500g, diced
- 4 Tablespoons of yogurt (If you follow my plan and have some left over from yesterday then use this! <3)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander 1 tsp
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt, to season
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Vegetable Oil
M E T H O D
- Place the chicken on a plate, season well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and allow to slowly sweat (this can sometimes take a little while), until deep brown – But not burnt! It might be a pain, but it will totally change the flavour, IN A GOOD WAY! I learnt this tip from a family I met on holiday, and have done it this way ever since!
- Stir in the garlic and spices, fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed, then add the tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, and turn down to a low heat.
- Allow the pot to come simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with Naan bread, chopped coriander and sliced green chillies.
If you have any feedback, recipes, tips, photos etc.. Please share away!:-)