With all this unexpected heat here in the UK, totally welcoming a fresh and easy dinner tonight!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 nests medium egg noodles (rice noodles work well too!)
- ½ large cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g cherry tomato, halved
- 1 green chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- 200g cooked king prawns, defrosted if frozen
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 25g roasted cashews/peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Crispy Onions (optional)
- 5 shallot, finekly sliced
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Seasoned Plain flour, for dusting
M E T H O D
For the Cripsy Onions
- Heat the oil until hot in a wok, or saucepan.
- Drop a small piece of shallot into the oil, if it sizzles – You’re ready!You will know the
- Toss the onion with flour, shake off excess and fry in the oil until golden.
- They fry quickly, about 1 minute.
- Drain on kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Boil the noodles for 4 mins, then drain. Cool under running water, then drain again.
- Place in a bowl, and set aside
- Add to the noodles the cucumber ribbons, spinach, onions, tomatoes, chilli and prawns.
- Mix the lime zest, juice, soy sauce and chilli sauce to make a dressing and fold through noodles.
- Top with the noodles and cashews.