Not the best in presentation, but was totally scrummy.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- New Potatoes, quartered (or small chunks)
- Pork Fillet, cut into portions
- Bread Crumbs
- Walnuts/Pecans, roughly blended (pistachios are a good option too!)
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Rosemary
- Chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- Double Cream
- Cracked Pepper
M E T H O D
Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
To make the crust, mix together the herbs, breadcrumbs, seasoning and nuts.
Cover each portion in oil, and roll each portion in the mixture to coat well.
Heat a pan until it’s red-hot.
Add the pork, and sear for one minute on each side. Transfer to the oven and cook for a further ten-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the potatoes on to boil for 10 minutes.
To make the sauce: In a sauce pan, fry off the shallots in a drop of butter, before adding the sliced mushrooms.
Add a generous amount of cracked pepper, and stir.
Add the stock, and allow to reduce by half, before adding the cream. Once it has reached the desired consistency, take off the heat and set aside.
Once both potatoes/pork are ready, remove the pork and leave to rest for at least five minutes before serving.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and shake to break them up a little. Add butter.
- Cook broccoli for 4-5 minutes