As promised ahead of time.. Tonight’s recipe/Dinner!
Will update with picture later 🙂
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped (or pancetta)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 2 x 400g tins chopped omatoes
- small pack of basil leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 beef stock cube
- 125ml red wine (small glass)
- 75g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 400g Wholemeal spaghetti
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
M E T H O D
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and heat 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the bacon/pancetta and fry for 10 mins until golden and crisp.
- Lower the heat and add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and rosemary then fry for 10 mins, stirring often, until softened.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the mince and cook stirring for 3-4 mins until browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, bay leaves, tomato purée, stock cube and wine.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and bring to the boil,
- Once boiling, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 1 hr (this may differ depending on preference, and how quickly it reduces)
- Stir occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. Add the Parmesan, check the seasoning and stir.
- When the Bolognese is nearly finished cook the spaghetti following pack instructions. Drain the spaghetti and stir into the Bolognese sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan, cracked pepper and crusty bread – should you opt for it