We all enjoy a little naughtiness now and again. Tonight for me, it’s in the form of these doughnuts in all their beautiful, dark glory!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 500g (1lb) self-raising flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 90g (3oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 200ml (7fl oz) Whole milk
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- Crushed Pecans & Walnuts
- Strawberries, sliced.
M E T H O D
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 170ºC (335F). Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Beat the eggs and oil into the milk.
- Add to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spoon to bind them together.
- Work the ingredients together into a smooth ball and then turn out on to a floured work surface.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of just over 1cm (1/2in).
- Flour the cutters and use the larger one to cut out rounds of dough, then cut out the centres using the smaller cutter.
- Re-roll the trimmings to make more doughnuts <3<3<3
- Now cook the doughnut rings 2 or 3 at a time.
- Place the rings carefully into the hot oil and cook for 3-4 mins, until golden on the bottom, then turn them over and cook for a further 2-3 mins, until they are an even golden colour and cooked through.
- Lift on to kitchen paper to drain briefly. Shake off any excess.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Coat each doughnut generously with the chocolate, top with the crushed nuts and berries.
2 thoughts on “Nutty Doughnuts!”
I want to try these donuts. I’ve been looking for a nutty donut recipe for years. Thank you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you lovely! Let me know how you get on! 🙂