There’s an unexpected heatwave here in the UK this week. Summer is clinching on and I love it! Especially because I have the worlds worst t’shirt lines from walking/kayaking. The way I feel about my body, certainly reflects my mood. Not a stereotype at all?! HA! I am not going to hide my t’shirt line sadness at all!
I am not a trained nutritionist, trainer, and any other ‘ist’ out there, but even I know you can’t get everything from a miracle shake. Food I feel has become almost a chore nowadays. Eat this, don’t eat that.
Food is meant to be enjoyed. Time for family Time to chillax.
We should definitely watch what we eat, and if things don’t go out of date for months on end, it’s usually because of the nastys in it. Even still, I think we need to learn to love our bodies before anything. The rest will slowly but surely slot into place. Love yourself, and the impact on your mind, skin, and overall well being will be so much more than any other nonsense. Nuff said!
Recipe: Quick Fajita Pittas – Serves 1
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 x chicken breast
- half a yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- half a red belly pepper, finely slice
- 1 x spring onion, sliced
- half an avocado
- 1 x handful of spinach
- 1 x Wholemeal Pitta
S P I C E S
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Plus oil to coat
M E T H O D
- Finely slice the chicken and pepper.
- Add the chicken to a mixing bowl and then add the marinade ingredients in the listed order.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Add the peppers, and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and keep them moving over a high heat.
- Put a pitta bread into the toaster/or under grill, it should puff slightly. Once this happens take out and cut open on one side. CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF.
- Fill pitta with the spinach, avocado and spring onion.
- Once cooked, add the chicken and peppers.
Nomma nom nom!