- Flank steak – Coated with chili flakes, cracked pepper & salt, thyme and rosemary.
- 4 small fresh beetroots, about 200g
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seed, lightly crushed
- 2½ small oranges
- , zest of 1 and juice of half
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tsp of linseeds
- Grapefruit juice
M E T H O D
- Heat oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4.
- Trim the stems of the beetroot and reserve any tender leaves that are suitable for eating in the salad.
- Cut the beetroots into quarters then toss with 1/2 tbsp oil, the coriander seeds, and some seasoning then pile into the centre of a large sheet of foil and wrap up like a parcel.
- Bake for 45 mins or until the beetroots are tender.
- Meanwhile cut the peel and pith from 2 oranges then cut out the segments with a sharp knife working over a bowl to catch the juices.
- Finely chop the garlic and add with the pink grapefruit juice into the orange juice and remaining oil with seasoning to make a dressing.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven.
- Tip the beetroot into a bowl with the red onion, remaining orange zest, nuts, seeds and spinach leaves and toss well. Gently toss through the orange segments and avocado with any beet leaves then pile onto plates and top with the warm steam.
- Cook the steak. Heat a pan, and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve while still warm.