CO F F E E❤️💛💜
Banana, homemade nut butter on a wholemeal breakfast muffin. A-MA-ZING! Finished off with some freshly grounded coffee from Mac Beans (http://www.macbeans.com/)
The weekend is nearly here peeps! Happy Thursday!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 cups (300 grams) unsalted shelled peanuts
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or vegetable oil, plus more as neede
M E T H O D
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add peanuts to a round or square cake pan (or rimmed baking sheet). Roast peanuts for 3 minutes, stir or shake pan then roast another 3 to 5 minutes or until they are lightly browned and smell nutty (careful, here, nuts can burn quickly). Let cool until you can handle them.
- To make peanut butter, add roasted peanuts to the bowl of a food processor. Process 1 minute then scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Process another 2 to 3 minutes until peanut butter is shiny and smooth. Now, add desired amount of salt and honey and process until combined. (We usually use a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey, making the peanut butter slightly sweet).
- Check the consistency, we like to add 2 teaspoons of oil. Add oil as needed.