Made myself a celebratory dinner for getting a merit scholarship for my masters (yay me!).
Not totally guilt free, but not totally naughty either!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4 x skinless chicken breast, butterflies OR turkey/chicken steak
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x rashers smoked bacon
- 2 x avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 4 x ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 x cheese slices
- 2 x salad tomatoes, sliced
- 4 x small handfuls of salad
- mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
For the cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
M E T H O D
- Mix the seasoning ingredients together with a good grinding of black pepper and a sprinkling of salt, then set aside in a large dish.
- Turn the grill on to high.
- On a board, butterfly the chicken, then drizzle half the oil over and toss in the seasoning until completely coated.
- Grill the chicken, 5 mins on each side until firm.
- In a frying pan, heat a little oil and then fry the bacon for a few mins until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, halve, stone, peel and slice the avocados.
- Toast the cut sides of the buns. Cover the tops of the buns with cheese, then grill until melted.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the buns with mayonnaise if you want, add the avocado, tomato, bacon before adding the chicken.
- Finish off with salsa and salad leaves.
- Top with the bun, press down lightly and serve.