I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 x salmon fillet , boned, skinned.
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lime juice. Try rolling the lime on the worktop to make it easier to juice.
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon water, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- A good handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons scallions (spring onions), finely sliced
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 dessert spoon of fish sauce
- 1 x green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 x filo pastry sheets (one sheet per roll)
- 1 x carrot, grated
- Kitchen paper
M E T H O D
To make marinade:
- In a large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice salmon crosswise and add to marinade.
- Marinate salmon, turning pieces occasionally, 30 minutes.
Make dipping sauce while salmon marinates:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dipping sauce ingredients except coriander. (Coriander will be added just before serving.)
- Put 1 sheet of pastry on a clean dry work surface, reserving dampened paper towel, and arrange carrot and Beansprouts before adding 1 salmon piece crosswise on bottom half of sheet.
- Top salmon with about 4 coriander leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll up filling in sheet, folding in sides after first roll to completely enclose filling, and continue rolling.
- Make remainder spring rolls in same manner with remaining sheets.
- Heat the oil in a wok or high sided frying pan, to a moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry the spring rolls, turning once, until golden brown and salmon is cooked through. This should be about 3 minutes.
- Transfer spring rolls as to a baking sheet lined with kitchen paper to drain. A plate with kitchen paper is good enough too though!
- Repeat procedure with remaining spring rolls.
- Stir coriander into dipping sauce.
E N J O Y!