How was your weekend?
- 200g mayonnaise
- 2 x garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 x baby squid, (including tentacles) chopped into rings
- Seasoned all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x egg
- Vegetable oil
- Mix aioli ingredients together, and set aside. You can make it more or less garlicy – but be sure to leave for 10 minutes before doing so!
- Heat half an inch measure of oil in a heavy base pan (I prefer to use a saucepan as it has higher sides).
- Dry off the squid rings with kitchen paper.
- Place the spices and flour onto a plate, mix well.
- Add squid rings to seasoned flour and coat thoroughly.
- Beat one whole egg, dunk each squid ring into egg mixture prior to dropping in the hot oil.
- Fry in batches (don’t crowd the pan!). Fry each batch fry minutes, before removing onto kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
- Once all Cooked, serve with the dip made earlier.