I stand by ‘you are what you eat’, though of course I am also a great believer in ‘food is here to be enjoyed‘. I feel very sorry for the people that miss out on all the different flavours of the world, by spending half their time on diets, or ‘fads’. I think there is definitely sense in listening to your body.. I have been feeling like a total piglet recently. The unexpected English sunshine has put my body in holiday mode. Tonight’s dinner was very simple, fresh and colourful. My body/belly is totally loving the lighter meals this week. Thank goodness!
- Seabass Fillet
- 1 x spring onion, sliced
- 3 x cherry tomatoes, quartered
- half of 1 red bell pepper
- 6 cm of cucumber, cubed
- 1 x clove garlic, sliced
- half of 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 cm of ginger, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- A generous squeeze of lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Create a parcel out of foil, add the fish, ginger, chilli and garlic. Generously squeeze the lemon juice, and add the olive oil.
- Season with cracked pepper.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the salad. Avocado, tomatoes, cucmber and peppers with a little oil and salt and pepper.
- Serve on a plate, ready for the fish.
- Once the fish is cooked, serve, spoon over a little of the liquid and any garlic etc that may of escaped next to the salad. Add any dressing, oil etc to personal taste.