- Filo pastry sheets
- 1 x carrot, grated
- One good handful Beansprouts
- 2 x spring onion (more white, than green), sliced
- 1 heaped teaspoon, Chinese 5 spice (be sure to also season with salt and pepper, as no point when Spring rolls are cooked)
- 2 x Tuna steaks
- Soy sauce
- Salad to serve
Firstly we need to make the spring rolls..
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the carrot, beansprouts, spring onion, together in a bowl, season and add the 5 spice.
- Lay a piece of filo pastry on the work surface in a diamond shape. Brush with a little oil, then cover with another piece of pastry. Brush with more oil.
- Spoon one-quarter of the filling onto the corner nearest you. Fold this corner towards the centre and tuck it under the filling. Fold the two outside corners in towards the middle so it looks like an envelope.
- Brush with oil, then roll up the pastry to look like a sausage.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown.
Whilst these are cooking, we will fix the tuna…
- Make a foil parcel per steak, and place fish inside, add soy sauce and ginger.
- Wrap/seal foil.
- Place in the oven for 7 minutes at 180 or there abouts.
Once these are both cooked..
- Serve tuna, slice spring roll in half, drizzle a little of the sauce.
- Serve with a little salad.