- Half a pack of lentils
- 2 x carrots
- Chicken or veg stock
- Curly leaf parsley
- Salt, to season
- Croutons/Creme fraiche (optional)
- Fry off the onions and carrots in butter, until the onions become translucent.
- Add stock, bring up to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, rince lentils to remove excess starch.
- Add lentils to simmering stock, and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Check regularly, to ensure there is enough liquid. If there is not, add more water.
- Once you are happy the lentils are cooked (this should easily be within the 30 minutes, no more than 45). Chop up a handful of parsley and to saucepan of ingredients.
- Remove from heat after a couple of minutes, and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend with a hand blender, until smooth. Be sure to taste at this point. It will more times than not, need salt.
- Serve with homemade croutons or a dollop of Creme fraiche.