- Tumeric 1tsp
- Cinnamon 1tsp
- Ground coriander 1tsp
- Cardamom pods, 8, gentle crushed to open(use back of knife)
- Cumin 1tsp
- Ginger 2-3 cm, finely chopped
- Garlic, 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Coconut milk, 1 can
- Ground almonds, 2 tbsp
- Chicken stock, 425 ml
- Onion, finely chopped
- Brown the onion in the coconut oil (optional, but awesome). This should be done slowly, on a low heat and may take up to 30 minutes but totally worth it.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 or so minutes.
- Add the spices (minus the cardamom pods), and cook off until aromatic.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper. Then cook off until sealed.
- Pour in the chicken stock and allow to simmer off by half.
- Add your coconut milk (make sure you shake the tin well before hand!), bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- I usually give it 20 or so minutes before adding the ground almonds. Depends on how thick you want the gravy. The almonds will soak this up a little.
- Whilst this is going on, take the heads of the cauliflower and blend to a rice like consistency.
- place in a microwaveable bowl, cover with cling film, pierce and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add cumin to taste.
**Once this is down, do a final check for seasoning, may need a little sugar! **
Serve, and enjoy!
Let me know what you think!